What is the abandonment option?

In lieu of filing for relocation, a home owner may abandon the mobile home in the park. The home owner must be able to deliver the current title to the park owner, duly endorsed by the owner of record and valid releases of all liens shown on the title. The owner of a singlewide will be eligible for $1,375 and the owner of a multisection will be eligible for $2,750 in abandonment money from the Corporation.


::: Contact FMHRC at:

Postal Office Box 7848 Clearwater, FL 33758 Toll Free Number: (888) 862-7010 Fax Number: (727) 754-4996


::: Deadline for filing

A special public meeting to discuss the FMHRC budget for the Fiscal Year 2023-2024 will be held on Monday, June 26th, 2023 at 9 AM via telephone and Zoom. To attend the meeting by telephone toll-free, please call (888) 475-4499 US or (855) 703-8985 Canada and enter meeting ID 429 115 1196 and pass code 412913 when prompted.

The regular public meeting will be held on Friday, July 14th, 2023 at 9:00 a.m. via-Zoom or Telephone. To attend the meeting by telephone toll-free, please call (888) 475-4499 US or (855) 703-8985 Canada and enter meeting ID 429 115 1196 and pass code 412913 when prompted. To join by Zoom Meeting: Click Here All materials must be received by Friday, June 30th, 2023 in order to be reviewed at the regular meeting.

Online Forms

::: Claim Documents

Click the link below for all forms required by the FMHRC to process a claim. All forms are in Adobe Acrobat PDF or Microsoft Word Formats

What forms do I need to complete?

You will need the following forms:

  • Form 1002: Application for Payment for Abandoned Mobile Home.
  • Form 1008: Acknowledgment of Non-Participation/Non-Acceptance.
  • Form 1009: Acknowledgment by Park Owner When a Home is Abandoned.

In addition to completing the forms you will need to attach:

  • A copy of the six-month notice of change in land use. If your name is not on the notice, please attach a letter of explanation.
  • A copy of your title to the home, duly endorsed to the park owner and satisfaction of any liens on the title. If the home is a doublewide, you will need copies of both titles. If a triplewide, copies of all three titles.

It is important to note that incomplete applications will be administratively denied and returned to the applicant requesting additional information.

Below are some items to watch for while completing the abandonment paperwork:

  • Make sure to fill out the application completely, particularly the two questions at the bottom (please answer yes or no) and sign it. Do not leave anything blank.
  • Make sure that your name is on your eviction notice. If your name is not on the eviction letter, please attach an explanation for the Board as to why the name on the notice is different than the applicant name.
  • The title(s) must be in the applicant's name, have the "HS" designation under "body type" and should be duly endorsed and a copy attached (duly endorsed means that the applicant signs the title as the seller and prints the park owner's name as the purchaser). This is very important - your application will be returned if your title is not properly endorsed.
  • Form 1008 should be completed and signed. Make sure that you list the name of the park owner where indicated.
  • Form 1009 should be completed and signed. You must select one box from Section 2. If you check the first box, then the park owner's signature should appear. If the second box is checked, you must indicate the date and person that you tried to contact. It is important that the Board verify an attempt was made on the applicant's part to obtain signature.

For questions or more information, please contact us at 1-888-862-7010.